La Ferme de la Baie is easily accessible from the UK by ferry.
Although you can get quite close travelling by air and train, we do recommend you have a car while staying with us. You can hire cars at Dinard, Rennes and Caen Carpiquet or Caen railway station. It is also possible to hire cars at Pontorson. We recommend you book your car in advance.
If you prefer to fly from the UK, Ryanair fly to Dinard airport (30 minutes) and Flybe fly to Rennes airport (1 hour).
The nearest main towns and sites to visit
- Mont St Michel 10 km
- Avranches 28 km
- St Malo 49 km
- Cancale 32 km
- Fougères 42 km
- Pontorson 6 km
- Bayeux 124 km
- Normandy Landing Beaches (Arromanches) 134 km
- Rennes 62 km
GPS coordinates: 48.581577, -1.571317
Easily accessible on good roads from ferry ports.
- Caen (Ouistreham) 1 hr 40 min
- Le Havre 2 hr 30 min
- Cherbourg 2 hr 15 min
- Dieppe 3 hr 25 min
- St Malo 40 min
- Boulogne 4 hr 30 min
- Calais 4 hr 45 min
- And just 4 hr from Paris
Ferry travel info
Brittany Ferries sail to St-Malo (40 minutes), Caen (2 hours) and Cherbourg (2 hours 15 mins). LD Lines sail to Le Havre (2 hours 30 mins). Calais is 4 hours 45 mins away.
- Brittany Ferries – Plymouth / Portsmouth / Poole to Cherbourg, Caen, St Malo, Roscoff
- Condor Ferries – Portsmouth / Poole / Weymouth to Cherbourg / St Malo
- LD Lines – Newhaven / Portsmouth to Dieppe / Le Havre
- Irish Ferries – Rosslare to Roscoff / Cherbourg
- Dinard (Pleurtuit) airport is the nearest airport with flights to the UK and the Channel Islands 48 km, 40 min (Ryanair and Aurigny)
- Paris Charles de Gaulle is the nearest major international airport, then 384 km, 4hrs by road
- Rennes airport: 73 km 1 hr 10 min by road (Flybe from several UK airports, AirFrance from Paris and Hop! From several European airports. Five other airlines also fly to Rennes, serving over 120 destinations)
- City Jet – London City airport to Deauville
Hop! – 50-minute flights from Paris Orly to Caen Carpiquet airport
- To our local station at Pontorson (6 km). Easy, comfortable, regular service to and from Rennes, Paris, Le Mans and Caen
- To Dol de Bretagne (15 km), trains to Rennes and Paris
All times shown are those to travel from the point of entry to la Ferme de la Baie. We use www.viamichelin.com to work out the times.